AUSTIN – The 29-story Colorado Tower, the first downtown office tower built in Austin since 2003, will be completed at the end of the year almost fully leased.
Cousins Properties I has signed five new leases totaling 157,279 square feet at Colorado Tower in downtown Austin. Leasing at the 373,000 square-foot, Class-A office development is now 95 percent, up from 51 percent on June 30, 2014.
Larry Gellerstedt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cousins Properties said: “We broke ground in June 2013 17 percent pre-leased, and today we are 95 percent leased to a diverse roster of high-caliber companies, many who are new to Austin.”
New leases include:
- Parsley Energy, Inc. expanded by 61,264 square feet and now leases a total of 135,107 square feet. They were represented by Will Douglas and Nathan Lawrence with CBRE and Jim Bell with Studley.
- Atlassian, Inc. expanded by 48,346 square feet and now leases a total of 72,530 square feet. They were represented by Jake Ragusa and Elysia Ragusa with JLL.
- IPSoft, Inc. leased 24,184 square feet and was represented by Chrissy Cornelius and Carl Condon with Avison Young.
- Kelly Hart & Hallman LLP leased 14,180 square feet and was represented by Burke Kennedy and Mike Kennedy with Avison Young.
- Invesco Management Group, Inc. leased 9,305 square feet and was represented by Liz Tucker with JLL.
Cousins, an Atlanta-based REIT, was represented on all deals by Rachel Coulter and Kevin Kimbrough with Oxford Commercial.
Projected to be delivered in December 2014, Colorado Tower will be the first high-rise office tower developed in downtown Austin since Cousins developed Frost Bank Tower in 2003.