WASHINGTON – Eight real estate industry leaders have joined the Americas Executive Committee of the Urban Land Institute (ULI), a global membership organization dedicated to providing leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
The AEC provides guidance on the strategic direction of ULI’s program throughout the Americas region, which serves nearly 40,000 members throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and South America. The number of senior real estate professionals serving on the Committee has expanded to 20 with eight new members being added to the roster. They include:
- Michael Banner, president and chief executive officer, Los Angeles LDC, Inc., Inglewood, California, and chair of ULI Los Angeles Market Place;
- Michael Collins, managing director, JE Dunn Capital Partners, Kansas City, Missouri and chair of ULI Kansas City;
- Fernando Costa, assistant city manager, City of Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas;
- Lisa Y. Gordon, president and chief executive officer, Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, Atlanta, Georgia and chair of the ULI Atlanta Advisory Board;
- Linda J. Isaacson; managing director, global head of innovation and technology, Ferguson Partners, New York, New York;
- Matthew Kelly, chief executive officer, JBG SMITH Properties, Chevy Chase, Maryland;
- Greg T. West, chief executive officer, ZOM Living, Fort Lauderdale; and,
- Kavindi Wickremage, managing director, Bain Capital, Boston.
“I am delighted and honored that these prominent industry leaders have accepted positions on our Americas Executive Committee,” said ULI Americas Chairman Jonathan H. Brinsden, chief executive officer, Midway, Houston. “Over the next two years, the Americas Executive Committee we will be focusing on how ULI can take a greater leadership role in tackling racial inequity and systematic racism in our industry and our communities. I look forward to working with all of our member leaders to accomplish impactful and lasting change.”
“Finalizing our member leadership team for the Americas region is an important step in our plan to expand our DEI efforts in the Americas,” said president of ULI Americas, Gwyneth Jones Cote. “At the heart of our mission is a belief that our communities can only truly thrive if they are built on the foundations of diversity, inclusivity and social equity. We have an incredibly strong, diverse, knowledgeable team that will take a leading role in bringing about the positive change needed in our cities, communities and industry as a whole.”
The new AEC members will be joining existing Committee members John R. Chandler, founder, Majesteka Investments Holdings LLC, Winnetka, Illinois; Patrick Callahan, chief executive officer, Urban Renaissance Group Seattle; Franz Colloredo-Mansfeld; president and chief executive officer, Cabot Properties, Boston; Clare De Briere, executive vice president / regional manager, Skanska USA Commercial Development Los Angeles; Sharmil Modi, Modi Adventureprises, Boston; Daniel M. Neidich, chief executive officer, Dune Real Estate Partners LP, New York, New York; Hilary J. Spann, managing director, head of Americas, real estate investments, CPPIB America, Inc., New York, New York; and Leslie Woo, chief planning officer, Metrolinx, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The ULI members on the AEC are also joined by the president of ULI Americas, Gwyneth Jones Cote; the ULI Global CEO, W. Edward Walter; and the ULI Global Chairman, Owen D. Thomas, chief executive officer of Boston Properties, who are ex-officio members.
With over 45,000 members in 82 countries, ULI represents real estate developers, investors, architects, academics, urban planners and other professionals.
Oct. 1, 2020 Realty News Report Copyright 2020
File: ULI Adds Eight Leaders